Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend Welcome!

Welcome to my very first post on my blog about driving a 2016 Nissan Leaf.  Since I bought it in April 2016 so many people have been curious about what it is like to own one that I thought I'd start this blog and share my experiences.  I hope that this may encourage others to consider going full electric for their daily commute.

I'll start by answering the top four questions that I get:

#1:  Yes it is fully electric, no gasoline at all.  None, nada.  Not a hybrid.  Gas stations are for tire pressure and snacks only.
#2 : Yes I love it!  It's been great to drive on my daily commute and I don't regret buying it at all.
#3 : Yes I did have to have a special charger installed in my garage.  I'll dedicate a full post to that soon.
#4 : On average it requires about $45 per month in electricity.  I typically drive 60-80 miles per week day.   I can share a full breakdown of that in a separate post.

The basic facts:

Model : 2016 Nissan Leaf
Trim : SV
Capacity : 30 kWh
Color : Gunmetal Gray
Location : NE Indianapolis Suburbs.

Upcoming blog post topics will include:

Installing the home charger.
What does it really cost per month?
What is the real range?
Charging away from home.
Maintenance.
Winter Driving.

Feel free to comment and ask questions.  I love to answer questions about the Leaf!






No comments:

Post a Comment